Age of Air
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New

5 posters

Go down

For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New Empty For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New

Post by Star Wars Fri May 27, 2011 4:52 pm

EDIT HERE: This is advice, feel free to not take it. I mean, I already don't take the advice I've posted here. END EDIT

Original Post:

Tips to survive Age of Air:

1. Do not roll consecutive critical fails.
2. When the GM gives you a nice shiny advanced ship, it will be flawed.
3. Do not piss off the Badger.
4. Do not piss off the ship's captain.
5. When working with something so old it could disintegrate, do not sneeze.
6. THERE IS NO MAGIC.
7. To cure a hangover, beat up a few Maloks I mean, 7. If you've had a few rather quiet days, the GM is plotting something.
8. There is such a thing as "Winds of Change". The GM uses. And only the GM.
9. Do try to roll high, or have a ton of modifiers.
10. Does anybody know what on Moresh a Dogger is?

EDIT:

11. Gold is not worth ANYTHING. The currency is based off of red crystal in each country.
12. Don't ask what a dibble is. the GM will get rather annoyed. They are little coins, and four dibbles make a credit. Five credits make a token.
13. Talking ships have a habit of holding a grudge or bothering people to get stuff done.
14. Things never truly go according to plan. So don't totally plan beyond, "Hey, let's try this until we can no longer do so!"
15. It might be a good idea to check with an engineer over what you really need on a small fighter before you go ripping stuff out. Like wires. Or bolts.
16. Do not try to fight someone who's got more power and skills and better weapons than you. (ex. you've got a one-shot weapon. Your enemy can shoot ten times before reloading. Who will win?)
17. Even if it works, using a skeleton as a shield will not last for very long.
18. It might be a good idea to not press all the buttons when you don't know what they'll do.

I might add one more, or others can post stuff, I've only been playing for a couple months and rather sporadically until recently at that, so you others might have better tips than me.

Last edited by Star Wars on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character
Character Name: Lyn Gause
Race: Tarnan
Appearance: Recently made bald, burns, loose short-sleeved tunic over leggings and boots, glasses

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New Empty Re: For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New

Post by Admin Fri May 27, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm not that horrible about being asked what a dibble is. What a Face Nice set up of some things players will run into. Please not that talking ships may not be part of the usual Age of Air experience.
Admin
Admin
Sky Marshal

Your Character
Character Name: AI DRUMEL
Race: Unknown
Appearance:

https://age-of-air.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New Empty Re: For Those Who Have Yet To Play/Are New

Post by Peck Sat May 28, 2011 3:00 am

Haha, Starwars is a dibble Twisted Evil
Peck
Peck
Pilot
Pilot

Your Character
Character Name: Cirrus
Race: Cogger
Appearance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 pm

^_^ Admin approved. *laughs*

And in this case a "Dibble" as a rank for those of us who aren't running around posting the book.

19. Not everyone is into ship battles. Some of us are more into character-rps.

EDIT:

Really, I'm telling people to post stuff, advice and stuff here.

20. Don't take the young ... pup... cub... kid (going with that for now) away from his mother. Unless you're his father, and even then, it's a risky choice.

21. Try to seduce a slot machine. I dare you. But not the giant Badger Dominique (who has done this)
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character
Appearance: Recently made bald, burns, loose short-sleeved tunic over leggings and boots, glasses

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Actually I endorse all new players to give it a try and since this is forum rp I don't see why people wouldn't make things amazing, because the whole no GM controlling everything. Let the groups decide what is okay and not okay to do.

Or if this is a for fun post stop confusing new people and telling them not to do something fun. >=[
Dominique
Dominique
Task Force

Your Character
Character Name: Dominique Badeau
Race: Boggin
Appearance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Advice is always optional. But most likely, I'll end up not taking my own/others advice. Oh wait... I already do, and that's why my character's sitting around in the medical facility of the ship with obnoxious burns.
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Peck Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:58 am

do I even have to ask what happened to you that you got burnt?
Peck
Peck
Pilot
Pilot

Your Character
Character Name: Cirrus
Race: Cogger
Appearance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 am

Critical failure. Um.. VR room training, ship turned off the safeties when I was seeing how well I was at shooting, by starting at the lowest level, and rising up through there. At High level I was in a maze, running around killing five maloks. Shot two of them total by the end, and I found a box of VR grenades, so I got a couple more by the end with those.

The last one sat on me, so I pulled the pin of one of three grenades, got up ASAP and ran. Critical fail rolled, and I'm sitting in the medical-place bald, and healing from burns. Funfunfun.

Not taking advices numbers seven, thirteen and sixteen.

Oh, the level just before the explosion had me shoot down three moving Doggers. I rolled really, really well I guess. *laughs*
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 am

It's a shame she looked half decent with hair. -snickers at the cancer patient-
Dominique
Dominique
Task Force

Your Character
Appearance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 am

Lyn: Har har har. It'll grow back.
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 am

I hear there is a crystal out there with regenerative powers. Perhaps it could help you, but I'll never tell. pirat
Dominique
Dominique
Task Force

Your Character
Appearance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 am

Again, it'll grow back.
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Laulterius Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Star Wars, do you know what a sleep is?
Laulterius
Laulterius
Adventurer
Adventurer

Your Character
Character Name: Laulterius
Race: Dwiim
Appearance: Short, stocky, big beard, even bigger temper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Yeessss... Couldn't fall asleep, so I just decided on browsing my usual lurking points. *woke up an hour ago*

22. Sleep really is your friend. Let you character get some z's from time to time. You too.
Star Wars
Star Wars
Captain
Captain

Your Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Oh dear it is 2pm and I just woke up. Good thing I have no responsibilities. Staying up till 5 am had no consequences.
Dominique
Dominique
Task Force

Your Character
Appearance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum